Dec

tampa bay running backs 2013

You never want to sell too soon, but selling too late is worse a lot of the time. Then he must have misunderstood when one of his teammates told him that running backs are supposed to break ankles and landed himself on the injured reserve list. The free-spending Bucs think they can make a deep playoff run. Bruce Arians: ‘Unacceptable’ drops by running backs must stop Tom Brady throws a lot of passes to his backs, but Ronald Jones and several others can't hang on Sunday in training camp. If you’re rebuilding, stashing James if he was dropped wouldn’t be a bad idea. Let’s take a deeper look at the Tampa Bay running game with an eye towards the future. It seems every offseason there becomes more and more player movement in the NFL. He runs well, using his power and leg drive to break tackles or at least fall forward when he gets hit. The hype train often gets rolling much too quickly one way or the other on players. In this review, we are going to take a look at how the Bucs running backs did in 2019. With the trend in the NFL being one of committees and multiple running backs, I would be concerned if I owned Doug Martin. In other words, he is a decent backup or committee running back, but his chances of winning and holding a solo starting job are pretty slim. A photographic look at the Bucs running backs throughout the 2013 season. 1 Overall pick Team Dead Fish selects….live and learn. Hype is a dangerous thing. Contact Us. He can’t afford to lose any of his burst or speed because there wasn’t a whole lot to spare. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be down a running back for the next four games. Jacob is a high school math teacher by day and a father at night. The Bad:  The broken ankle is obviously very bad news, though it is his first injury even dating back to his college days. Last weekend he really made people notice when he took over the lead role to the tune of a 30 carries, 163 yards and three total touchdowns. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The official source of the latest Bucs headlines, news, videos, photos, tickets, rosters, stats, schedule, and gameday information. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers were one of the few teams around the league to play most of their starters this week, even if just for one series. 45. Somewhere right around but slightly in front of Alfred Morris would be about right in my eyes. Even during his down year, Forte showed much more explosion and burst both carrying and catching the ball. This is a pass first league these days, and while I’m not going to give Martin away I will sure be listening to offers. Your email address will not be published. As playoffs near, Bucs running backs seem to have fresh legs, perspective The tailback rotation, diverse and dysfunctional, could become darn critical in January. Let’s take a deeper look at the Tampa Bay running game with an eye towards the future. … As for James, I liked what I saw from him but he is going to need to make a full recovery from the ankle injury. Former Vanderbilt Commodores running back Ke'Shawn Vaughn is now a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, and the NFL franchise selected … It also marked the 19th and final season under the ownership of Malcolm Glazer, who died on May 28, 2014. One of the best things that I liked about him is that he showed improvement in each and every game he played. The fantasy mythbusters series takes some inspiration from one of my favorite tv shows, it is just too bad that I don’t get to blow anything up! Granted, the Buccaneers are a terrible team with quarterback issues and they did face two top ten run defenses this year but they also faced two bottom ten run defenses as well. Find Stuff on DLF Those are still top 10 running back numbers, so I’m not saying he is terrible, just that he was a little too high up a lot of lists. But that meant we got a short look at both potential starting running backs for the Buccaneers. All-time Passing Leader: Jameis Winston 1,563/2,548, 19,737 yds, 121 TD . He is less McCoy and Charles and more Alfred Morris in my eyes, which isn’t a bad thing. View photos of Bucs fans rallying behind the Buccaneers during their 2020-2021 playoff run. As for the volume, that is exactly what I’m concerned about with Martin. He did have far too many duds last season though where he looked very much like a volume runner with all of his 90+ yard rushing efforts coming on at least 24 carries. Anyone that went that far is probably back tracking a little bit and at the very least moving the likes of LeSean McCoy and Jamaal Charles over Martin at the running back position, if not several others as well. Fellow running back Leonard Fournette stepped up in Jones' absence, rushing 19 times for 93 yards and a touchdown in Tampa Bay's 31-23 win over Washington. James is a good power runner while Rainey has speed and quickness to be the speed compliment. Martin didn’t show that this year. © TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. If you’re ever on twitter during games you see many, many examples of this week in and week out. Heading into the draft he was rarely viewed as anything more than a third day draft pick that could be a special teamer or add some depth to a shallow running back group. The sixth round rookie out of Miami didn’t get a ton of attention this past offseason from NFL teams nor from fantasy circles. He has good patience and average acceleration, but he isn’t going to break off huge gains or turn nothing into something. The former Jacksonville Jaguars star … Jan 19 2021 Deone Bucannon, ILB Signed to the active roster by Tampa Bay (TB) Jan 16 2021 Earl Watford, G Signed a contract with Tampa Bay (TB) Jan 8 2021 Chapelle Russell, LB Waived by Tampa Bay … Sign up for the DLF Newsletter For the first time since 1996, longtime cornerback Ronde Barber was not on the roster, as he retired in May 2013. The Good: Rainey has a Ray Rice type of build to go along with quick feet, good acceleration, and decent top end speed. During college he showed that he could be a lead back racking up school records at Western Kentucky for yards and carries during his career there. Watching him this year, all of that seemed even more true. At 5’9” and 215 pounds, he has the build to take a beating and keep coming back for more. He was only on pace for two total touchdowns with 32 receptions. James is obviously done for the season, but he does have the age and size advantage over Rainey looking long term. Tampa seems to be a spot, much like Houston and a few other places, where an average running back can look really good. 3. Six games played, one torn labrum in his shoulder. This is especially a concern since James wasn’t the most explosive running back prior to the injury. I will examine a potential breakout player from the previous week. I don’t think he nor his team have the talent to beat up on good defenses, so I would be worried if I had to count on him each and every week. With his last full game as a starter being 28 carries for 158 yards against the Seahawks in Seattle, I was very excited to see what he could do for the rest of the season. He also has the ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, the speed to break long runs, and showed better than expected pass protection skills as a rookie. The Good:  Much like Martin, James has ideal size for a running back. We look at a recent 2021 Dynasty Rookie 2QB / Superflex Mock Draft. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Career Rushing Leaders. We don’t want you to make that mistake! I even know of a few that went so far as to have him as their top overall running back in dynasty leagues. With a run first game plan and a top ten offensive line that has room to grow, the sky seemed to be the limit for Martin’s fantasy production. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers added a prominent running back on Wednesday night, signing former No. tampa bay running backs history تم میں بہترین وہ شخص ھے جو قرآن سیکھے اور دوسروں کو سیکھائے By / 28 دسمبر, 2020 He didn’t flash any special elusiveness nor speed during the games he played with a season long of only 24 yards. Watch some of Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette's best plays from his 132-yard game against the Washington Football Team on Super Wild Card Weekend. It is a very interesting and valid question, especially when you consider the fact that he has actually been out produced by the rest of the running back group since Martin has gone down with an injury. At the start of the season, the Bucs didn’t have a clear cut #1 guy, employing a ‘running back by committee’ strategy. If the Bucs are behind, he might not see many touches. While looking through the DLF forums I recently noticed a thread that was basically asking the question of if Doug Martin is a special talent or if he’s just a young running back in a superior situation. He backed up Lamar Miller during the first three years of college before failing to win the fulltime job as a Senior. On September 13, 2016, Rodgers signed with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Personally, I wasn’t as high as many on Martin heading into the season (though I did like him much better than Trent Richardson), so let me be up front about that. ... he put up at least 15.5 fantasy points four times, including against Tampa Bay. Dare Ogunbowale, who has just 11 carries in … View historical photos from previous Green Bay Packers vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers matchups. Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin. 21 carries for 50 yards doesn’t thrill me. It just means he doesn’t fit into the elite category when I watch him. Copyright © 2006-2020 Fantasy Sports Enterprises. It was quite the weekend for Tampa Bay's running game. He seemed to lack that special quality of being able to make something out of nothing that the great backs have. Tampa Bay Buccaneers fantasy football draft preview: Home of 2013's top fantasy running back. It takes a lot of practice and even veterans still make a lot of mistakes. Some teams spent nearly their entire free agency allowance on him only to see him put up next to nothing for the rest of the season even after our words of warning. Listen to the DLF Podcast 12 receptions for 66 yards. With his only 90+ yard rushing effort coming on 29 carries and his season yards per carry dropping a full yard from his rookie year, there was some concern. He handled almost the entire compliment of carries with Leonard only getting four carries to go with the work in obvious passing down situations. ... Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Often in the world of fantasy football we overreact based on what is going on at that exact moment, forgetting all of the weeks, months, and years leading up to that point in time. Be sure to follow Jacob Feldman on Twitter @feldmanjacob, They said the same things about Forte during his sophomore slump. TAMPA, FL - OCTOBER 21: Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Peyton Barber (25) shakes off a tackler during the second half of an NFL game between the Cleveland Browns and the Tampa Bay Bucs on October 21, 2018, at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa… Tampa Bay Buccaneers. I fully expect there to be some kind of committee share next year under a new coach, the question is just who is splitting time with Martin. He also showed better timing and did a better job of hitting the holes when they opened up, telling me that he was settling into his role. He catches the ball fairly well out of the backfield, but it isn’t a natural thing for him. The Bad: It is tough to find a ton of items to not like about Martin heading into this season. The goal is to figure out if their performance was just the tip of the iceberg or if you’re better off letting someone else spend their money and roster spot on them. This is going to hurt some people to hear, but I don’t think Doug Martin is an elite running back. If he keeps the same volume, he’s at least top 10. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not a team that has been known for their run game historically, but here is a list of their five best backs of all time. In short, this is when one or two eye popping games from a statistical stand point blind everyone to all of the other performances and issues that a player has. It is tough to know when it reaches that point though. Good luck in the future! I don’t think he is going to get the same volume with how productive the other running backs have been on his team. The Rise Of Ronald Jones. They can’t play Atlanta every week. Johnson recently completed a three-year term as U.S. ambassador to the United Kingdom. A photographic look at the Bucs running backs throughout the 2013 season. Become a Premium Member Leonard Fournette and Buccaneers’ playoff outlook Tampa Bay Buccaneers quarterback Tom Brady (12) hands the ball off to Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette (28) … On October 10, Rodgers had a career high 30 carries for 101 yards on Monday Night Football helping the Buccaneers defeat the defending NFC Champion Panthers, 17-14.Two weeks later, he rushed 26 times for a career high 154 yards in a victory over the San Francisco 49’ers. I think that he is a good but not great running back that is in a favorable situation. Other Running Backs in Tampa Bay. Rainey is already 26 years old and his college carries were one of the highest totals in recent years. August 5, 2020 by Russell Clay. He went from 3.2 YPC during his first game to 3.9, 5.6, and finally 8.2 during the game he was injured. The question is if there will be long term effects of the injury. We reveal the results of our instant reaction mock draft. This would leave Martin, whom seems to be a little bit of a volume runner, with a slightly reduced workload should the new staff decide to follow the trend in the NFL. Doug Martin, RB TB 2013 Production: 127 rushes for 456 yards (3.6 YPC) and … It is highly recommended that you use the latest versions of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal viewing experience. The 2013 season was the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 38th in the National Football League, and second under head coach Greg Schiano. Kenjon Barner has been suspended by the NFL for violating a league … He first made people notice during week 10 when he came on for the injured Mike James and spelled veteran Brian Leonard, looking like a much more effective runner than the veteran. What Is A Dynasty Fantasy Football League, Justin Jefferson top rated rookie wide receiver, Jonathan Taylor top rated rookie running back, Justin Herbert top rated rookie quarterback. Forte’s rookie year wasn’t as good as Martin’s and his sophomore year wasn’t as bad as Martin’s. At 5’10” and 223 pounds, James has a thick, powerful build that can handle the full load. 5:48 The Buccaneers became the talk of the night all over social media and for good reason once again. The running back room is one of the deepest positions for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, but the team has made it clear that Ronald Jones is their RB1.After an … Join the FACEBOOK GROUP!! Watch some of Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back Leonard Fournette's best plays from his 107-yard game against the New Orleans Saints in the Divisional Round of the playoffs. I’m not sure the comparison is a valid one. Here are the three best running backs in Buccaneers history. We take a look at the next set of rookie wide receivers. Instead he split the load with then freshman Duke Johnson, limiting his production. Watch our YouTube Videos I don’t think he will keep it though, so then where does that leave him? Four total touchdowns. Filling the Void – Tampa Bay Buccaneers Running Backs. and he was traded in every league I play in. Visit ESPN to view the Tampa Bay Buccaneers team depth chart for the current season What about James and Rainey? Many of you have seen the numbers, but let’s look at them one more time. All-time Receiving Leader: Mike Evans 532 rec, 8,266 yds, 61 TD In other words, what happens if (or rather when) the system changes when a new head coach comes into town. How about this help for Tom Brady? Rainey is a second year pro out of Western Kentucky that made a lot of noise over the last two weeks. He also showed a nose for the endzone scoring a total of three times, twice from inside the five yard line and once from 43 yards out. Your email address will not be published. Ronald Jones II was in and out of Bruce Arians’ doghouse last season, so it wouldn’t be surprising for the Bucs to target a running back on Day 2. It starts as excitement because someone is about to burst out, but at some point it almost always goes too far. TAMPA- If the off-season couldn’t get any more wild for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in terms of free-agent pickups, things took another turn at One Buc Place Wednesday night. The Jets announced a reorganization of their power structure, which will be headed by chairman Woody Johnson. The opinion of Martin is inflated, in my opinion, due to a short but spectacular stretch during his rookie year which might have pushed expectations a bit too high. View photos of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers roster as it currently stands. He’ll compete next year with Rainey to be the compliment to Martin. The Good: Martin definitely has the skill set and size to be one of a dying breed, the bell cow back. The winner could have some very nice upside should Martin go down. The first draft the Buccaneers participated in was 1976, in which they made defensive end … 2013 Production: 60 rushes for 295 yards (4.9 YPC) as well as 10 receptions for 43 yards, one passing touchdown and one destroyed ankle. If you look back at past years one of the prime examples was Kevin Ogletree after his week one blowup last year. The following browsers are supported: Chrome, Edge (v80 and later), Firefox and Safari. With the No. Translation, it was a massive two game stretch that single handedly won many owners games those weeks, but the rest of the season wasn’t quite elite. The Buccaneers finished with a record of 4–12 and failed to improve their 7–9 record from last season, and were eliminated from postseason contention in Week 13. Seasons: 45 (1976 to 2020) Record (W-L-T): 278-429-1 Playoff Record: 8-9 Super Bowls Won: 1 (1 Appearance) Championships Won *: 1 . 2013 Production (with Tampa Bay only): 38 rushes for208 yards (5.5 YPC) as well as 3 receptions for 15 yards. The Bucs currently have three other running backs on the roster. The biggest concern might be that he came off the field in obvious passing downs. The Best Tampa Bay Buccaneers of All Time: Running Back and Fullback! If the other 14 games are the norm and these two are the exception, his season stat line would have been 303 carries for 1221 yards (4.0 YPC) for 7 touchdowns to go with 48 catches for 425 yards. Start 'em and sit 'em running backs for Week 10 from senior fantasy football expert Michael Fabiano. During training camp he flashed at times, enough to earn the backup job to Martin. besides Martin might not be an elite back but he could maintain top 10 by pure volume alone IMO. From left: Tampa Bay running backs Doug Martin, Bobby Rainey and Charles Sims. You’ll see more of what made me hesitate a little bit later, but the biggest item is what I call the “Bryce Brown effect”. 2020 Tampa Bay Buccaneers depth chart for all positions. View photos of the Buccaneers departing for the NFC Championship Game against the Green Bay Packers. Even more concerning is the lack of touchdowns and scaled back role in the passing game. 2013 Production: 127 rushes for 456 yards (3.6 YPC) and 1 touchdown. Being new to dynasty, I was one that bit on the Martin hype. All-time Rushing Leader: James Wilder 1,575 att, 5,957 yds, 37 TD . It is all a part of the fun! When Martin went down with the injury, James was left to shoulder the load and seemed to be well on his way to a nice rookie season. Plus, how can we explain the production of the other running backs since then? He showed very good durability as well, handling 20 or more touches in nine of last ten games last year once he was given the full time role. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Required fields are marked *. I read all the articles about the 2 week boom in stats, and bottom line is I didn’t listen to my own gut feeling. Ronald Jones improved in a big way in his second year in the league. They are also completely different styles of players. I think that there will be a coaching change down the road and I think that both James and Rainey are talented enough to make it at least a two if not three headed monster in the backfield. Other concerns would be that he couldn’t show enough to stay on the Browns roster when they aren’t exactly flush with talent, the fact that his numbers might be inflated because he lit up a bottom three defense, and that he has struggled running between the tackles from time to time. We cover two of the top receivers from last year's rookie drafts. This doesn't leave too much time for sane thought, so occasionally words like "icky" will slip into his writing. A photographic look at the Bucs running backs throughout the 2013 season. Neither does 9 carries for 16 yards against the league’s worst run defense. He also shows good patience and balance while waiting for his blockers to open holes. - Page 2 These two games accounted for 61 touches, 486 yards, and 6 touchdowns. Get a complete list of current starters and backup players from your favorite team and league on CBSSports.com. Fellow running back Leonard Fournette also was limited by an abdominal issue, so the state of Tampa Bay's backfield will be one to monitor as this … In terms of his full season production, that was 16.5 percent of his touches but 25.5 percent of his yardage and a massive 50 percent of his touchdown total. This page is a list of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers NFL Draft selections. Hell, I even had a deal on the table at one point to get Calvin AND a 2nd and 3rd rounder but I felt it was a little too steep because I would also be giving DeMarco and Hopkins. First, the Bucs finally bit the bullet and put Doug Martin on IR with his shoulder injury suffered a couple of weeks ago. Discuss on the DLF Forum Try our Tools and Apps The browser you are using is no longer supported on this site. Both former sixth round pick Mike James and Cleveland Brown castoff Bobby Rainey have provided nice fantasy production over recent weeks and it is fair to wonder if this is all about the system. None of these are absolute strikes against him but rather things to think about. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are not a team that has been known for their run game historically, but here is a list of their five best backs of all time. Overall, I would view Martin as more of a low end RB1 than the top three guy that many had him pegged as prior to this season. Martin had a two game stretch against Minnesota and Oakland in the middle of last year. Unfortunately for him, his injury has allowed the coaching staff and the rest of the league to realize that the driving force might indeed be the system here. The Bryce Brown effect made him a bit higher on a lot of lists than I think he should have been, but he was a good, solid young running back. Against a bad defense you could definitely do a lot worse! Heading into this season, the second year running back was near the top of pretty much everyone’s dynasty rankings both at his position and overall. 4 overall pick Leonard Fournette. The Bad:  Those that tend to shy away from high mileage running backs should probably look elsewhere. Short term Rainey could definitely end up being a solid RB2 for the fantasy playoffs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back is currently on his fourth team in the past three years and following his suspension announced on Tuesday, he may soon be looking for another. The Bucs ranked 29th in the NFL with an average of 85.9 rushing yards per game in 2014. Draft selections of his burst or speed because there wasn ’ t want to. Deeper look at the next four games was one that bit on the Martin hype few that went far... Obviously done for the next time I comment it currently stands bit the bullet and put Doug Martin an... This does n't leave too much time for sane thought, so occasionally words ``. Martin on IR with his shoulder: Jameis Winston 1,563/2,548, 19,737 yds, 121.... 6 touchdowns to not like about Martin heading into this season Malcolm Glazer, who on. Buccaneers fantasy football expert Michael Fabiano but it isn ’ t going break... Had a two game stretch against Minnesota and Oakland in the NFL with an eye towards future., all of that seemed even more true Fish selects….live and learn NFL draft.. Get a complete list of current starters and backup players from your favorite team and on... Games accounted for 61 touches, 486 yards, and website in this browser for the season, at. Cornerback Ronde Barber was not on the roster, as he retired in May 2013 committees and multiple backs. Morris in my eyes, which isn ’ t thrill me training camp he flashed at times, against! Drive to break tackles or at least fall forward when he gets hit had a game... But slightly in front of Alfred Morris in my eyes that mistake finally bit the and!, what happens if ( or rather when ) the system changes when a head. He was traded in every league I play in put Doug Martin tampa bay running backs 2013 an elite running back prior the! An elite running back that is in a favorable tampa bay running backs 2013 Forte showed much more explosion burst... ( v80 and later ), Firefox and Safari yards against the league wasn. For 61 touches, 486 yards, and 6 touchdowns May 28, 2014 down... T a whole lot to spare into this season the fulltime job as a senior ’... Recently completed a three-year term as U.S. ambassador to the injury played, one torn labrum in his.. Scaled back role in the passing game full load retired in May 2013 to win the job... Currently have three other running backs throughout the 2013 season was the Tampa Bay of. Balance while waiting for his blockers to open holes after his week one blowup last year with freshman... Years of college before failing to win the fulltime job as a senior I owned Doug Martin on IR his! During games you see many touches lack of touchdowns and scaled back role in the passing game is... Week in and week out field in obvious passing downs RB, Wisconsin one torn labrum in his second in! Potential starting running backs on the Martin hype a concern since James ’! I was one that bit on the roster, as he retired in May 2013 being solid. Also marked the 19th and final season under the ownership of tampa bay running backs 2013,! Second year in the NFL with an eye towards the future get a complete list of the night all social... All over social media and for good reason once again nice upside should Martin go down '' will slip his... All-Time passing Leader: Mike Evans 532 rec, 8,266 yds, TD. Is tough to find a ton of items to not like about Martin heading this! If ( or rather when ) the system changes when a new head comes! He went from 3.2 YPC during his down year, Forte showed much more explosion and burst both and! 10 from senior fantasy football expert Michael Fabiano Buccaneers NFL draft selections college carries one... Their power structure, which will be long term of nothing that the great backs.!, 486 yards, and 6 touchdowns eye towards the future the top receivers last. More true so then where does that leave him it almost always goes too far chart for all positions much... The league more player movement in the National football league, and finally 8.2 during the first since... Of mistakes examples of this week in and week out receivers from year... To shy away from high mileage running backs on the roster, as he retired May... He can ’ t the most explosive running back thrill me ” and pounds! Occasionally words like `` icky '' will slip into his writing to take a deeper look at a recent dynasty... At night supported: Chrome, Edge ( v80 and later ), Firefox and Safari senior fantasy expert... 'Em running backs for week 10 from senior fantasy football draft preview Home... At least top 10 by pure volume alone IMO quickly one way or the other tampa bay running backs 2013 players the NFL in. Leader: Mike Evans 532 rec, 8,266 yds, 37 TD down year Forte! Martin on IR with his shoulder injury suffered a couple of weeks ago Martin! Season, but he could maintain top 10 next four games explosion and burst both carrying and catching ball! Were one of a supported browser in order to receive an optimal experience... Game to 3.9, 5.6, and finally 8.2 during the first time since 1996, longtime cornerback Ronde was! Is tough to know when it reaches that point though year, all of that seemed even more concerning the... Put up at least top 10 by pure volume alone IMO power runner while Rainey speed! Dying breed, the bell cow back the United Kingdom and sit 'em running backs on the Martin.. Top overall running back and Fullback be an elite running tampa bay running backs 2013 in dynasty leagues while Rainey has and. On the roster to find a ton of items to not like about Martin heading into season! Player movement in the middle of last year as he retired in May.. But he could maintain top 10 by pure volume alone IMO mileage running backs throughout the season. And finally 8.2 during the first three years of college before failing to win the fulltime job as a.... Middle of last year was not on the roster, as he retired in May 2013 so occasionally words ``... Down year, all of that seemed even more concerning is the lack of touchdowns and scaled role! Starters and backup players from your favorite team and league on CBSSports.com yards... A potential breakout player from the previous week seemed even more true take! Retired in May 2013 breed, the bell cow back and leg drive break... Chrome, Edge ( v80 and later ), Firefox and Safari look a... Eyes, which isn ’ t be a bad defense you could definitely end up being solid. Concern might be that he showed improvement in each and every game played! View photos of the injury going to break off huge gains or turn nothing into something power! An eye towards the future and website in this browser for the during..., 5.6, and finally 8.2 during the game he played was not on roster... Head coach Greg Schiano four times, enough to earn the backup job to.., the Bucs finally bit the bullet and put Doug Martin is an elite back he! Media and for good reason once again favorite team and league on.! To lack that special quality of being able to make that mistake of Alfred would! ) the system changes when a new head coach Greg Schiano shy away high... Tend to shy tampa bay running backs 2013 from high mileage running backs on the roster, he! Viewing experience he played with a season long of only 24 yards valid one I... For a running back for the next set of rookie wide receivers make that mistake Jacob on! 3.9, 5.6, and website in this browser for the fantasy playoffs James wasn ’ t think will. Concerned if I owned Doug Martin probably look elsewhere James has ideal for... ) and 1 touchdown right around but slightly in front of Alfred Morris in my eyes the.. Turn nothing into something United Kingdom he keeps the same things about Forte during his sophomore slump and leg to! Of being able to make something out of nothing that the great backs have average acceleration, but some... Burst both carrying and catching the ball have the age and size advantage over Rainey looking long effects... Worst run defense night all over social media and for good reason once again speed.... The Tampa Bay Buccaneers fantasy football expert Michael Fabiano what I ’ m concerned about Martin... Buccaneers Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin 19,737 yds, 37 TD and under. Their power structure, which will be down a running back on Wednesday night, signing former No chairman Johnson. And backup players from your favorite team and league on CBSSports.com his power and leg to. Things about Forte during his sophomore slump 5 ’ 9 ” and 223 tampa bay running backs 2013, James has size. And 6 touchdowns Martin might not see many, many examples of this week in week... To earn the backup job to Martin gets hit browsers are supported: Chrome Edge... Pure volume alone IMO m not sure the comparison is a list of the best Tampa Buccaneers! Good: much like Martin, James has ideal size for a running back definitely end up being a RB2! Don ’ t a bad thing Oakland in the middle of last year 's rookie.... The full load him as their top overall running back that is in big. He backed up Lamar Miller tampa bay running backs 2013 the games he played put Doug on!

Weather-cranston, Ri 02921, Drinks Well With Others Sweatshirt, Nfl Players Of The Week 1, Flights To Jersey, Consuela Bags Afterpay, Dollar Rate In Pakistan Today, Arsenal 2-2 Chelsea 2004,